Senior Android EngineerAPPLY HERE
Hidrate is looking for a talented Senior Android Engineer with experience in BLE connected devices and Node.js to work with us full time in Minneapolis MN. We’re a fun hardworking team focused on improving peoples lives with technology.
As an Android engineer you will help the development efforts for Hidrate's mobile applications that connect via Bluetooth Low Energy to our Hidrate Spark smart water bottles and help manage and maintain our database architecture. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced start up environment, and has a passion for living a healthy lifestyle.
Responsibilities will include the full lifecycle of mobile application development, design, coding, and debugging of mobile applications. The Android Engineer must be able to pick up new technology, follow best practices and work well independently as well as part of a team. Adaptability is crucial as tasks can often change, while still being able to maintain and execute efficient code.
We offer full-time salary, and exciting growth opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity to join a hot new company and expand your career as the company grows. Plus you will get access to the Techstars network, which is a global network of startups, businesses, and other engineers.
Skills & Requirements
All candidates need a passion for mobile applications and an in depth understanding of the Android ecosystem and tools. Successful candidates will exhibit strong skills in Java, Node.js, API development, BLE enabled hardware, and have previous app development experience.
- 4+ years experience in software development with at least 2+ years experience with Android mobile application development
- Java Script
- Experience with BLE / Bluetooth
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with database system architecture
- Android SDK
- Interacting with RESTful APIs
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field
- Creative, design oriented, open minded
- Worked as part of a startup or understand the lifestyle around a startup company
- Adaptable to changing work environments
- Open communicator and ability to work as a team member
- Interested in living a healthy lifestyle
We are only considering candidates in the Minneapolis / St. Paul area of MN however your time can be split between working remotely and in our Minneapolis work space. We're flexible and understand you have a life outside of work!